MCS Code of Conduct for Virtual Events
Mellon College of Science has adapted a Code of Conduct to reflect the virtual environment. These are general for all MCS Events; however, specific events may have additional conduct codes.
We value your attendance and want to make your experience positive and productive through an open exchange of ideas in a professional setting.
- Please register. In order to attend a virtual conference, you must have registered online through the event’s website. Please do not share or forward registration information, meeting links and passwords to other people.
- Be lively! MCS events may use a variety of online presentation and virtual communication tools, including Zoom, WebEx and Slack. We encourage attendees to use the chat tools and communication methods outlined at each event.
- But be appropriate. Unacceptable behaviors may result in immediate removal from the virtual event and communication channels. Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form
- Disruption of presentations during sessions
- Recording of sessions without permission
- Distribution of promotion materials, special offers, or any for-profit product announcements